Swami Vivekananda's teachings and Quotes
India can be proud that she had many outstanding saints in
this land, and Swamy Vivekananda was one of the finest ones who carried the message
to the whole world.
Today, the burning need is to follow the teachings of these MEN and see that we
follow the advice to these masters in our life so that we can actually
benefit and progress. CHOOSE any ONE teaching and follow it with single minded
devotion and you see the change immediately.
HIS SAYINGS/ Quotes
My ideal, indeed, can be put
into a few words, and that is to preach unto mankind their divinity, and how to
make it manifest in every movement of life.
Religion is the manifestation of the divinity already in man.
The secret of religion lies
not in theories but in practice. To be good and do good - that is the whole of
Man is higher than all
animals, than all angels; none is greater than man.
One may gain political and
social independence, but if one is a slave to his passions and desires, one
cannot feel the pure joy of real freedom.
After so much austerity, I
have understood this as the real truth - God is present in every jiva; there is
no other God besides that. 'Who serves jiva, serves God indeed.'
Unselfishness is God. One
may live on a throne, in a palace, and be perfectly unselfish; and then he is in
God. Another may live in a hut and wear rags, and have nothing in the world; yet
if he is selfish, he is intensely merged in the world.
All nations have attained
greatness by paying proper respect to women. That country and that nation which
do not respect women have never become great, nor will ever be in future.
Religion and religion alone
is the life of India,
and when that goes, India will die, in spite of politics, in spite of social
reforms, in spite of Kubera's wealth poured upon the head of every one of her
We want to lead mankind to
the place where there is neither the Vedas, nor the Bible, nor the Koran; yet
this has to be done by harmonizing the Vedas, the Bible, and the Koran.
Mankind ought to be taught
that religions are but the varied expressions of THE RELIGION, which is Oneness,
so that each may choose the path that suits him best.
Who will give the world
light? Sacrifice in the past has been the Law, it will be, alas, for ages to
come. The earth's bravest and best will have to sacrifice themselves for the
good of many, for the welfare of all.
Truth, purity, and unselfishness
- whenever these are present, there is no power below or above the sun to crush
the possessor thereof. Equipped with these, one individual is able to face the
whole universe in opposition.
Everything can be sacrificed
for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.
All love is expansion, all
selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves
lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore love for love's sake, because it is
law of life, just as you breathe to live.
The national ideals of India
are Renunciation and Service. Intensity her in those channels, and the
rest will take care of itself.
Good motives, sincerity, and infinite love
can conquer the world. One single soul possessed of these virtues can destroy
the dark designs of millions of hypocrites and brutes.
Take up one idea. Make that
one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on idea. Let the brain,
muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave
every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
POWERS of MIND are
UNLIMITED, if you understand this ONE point from TODAYS talk your life will
begin to Change, NOW as you are listening, are you able to listen with TOTAL
concentration ? Is there commentary going on inside your HEAD ? DECIDE TODAY
whatever work you will do – it will be with ONE point CONCENTRATION.
Just as in case of Arjuna he
saw only the eye of bird and this shows the concentrations he had and
thus he was the automatic choice to receive the teachings of GITA by Lord
Normally 90% of our energy
is WASTED in useless thoughts, if you understand this VAST ocean of energy will
be available at your COMMAND. WHATEVER you do devote your whole mind, heart and
soul to it. If MIND is under control you will be able to achieve whatever you
want in life. It is our mental attitude which makes world what it is for us. Our
thoughts make things beautiful OR ugly. EVENTS do not have any POWER, FATHER
dies, one SON is celebrating and YONGEST son is crying? Event is same but
perceptions are different.
Every challenge has
opportunity HIDDEN in it, it you direct your MIND correctly you will be always
You have to power to make or
destroy your LIFE. FROM today BLAME NONE and direct your MIND to achieve
AWAKE, STOP NOT until THE
GOAL IS ACHIEVED.
Read complte works of Vivekananda HERE
1. Love Is The Law Of Life: All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore, love for love's sake, because it is law of life, just as you breathe to live.
2. It's Your Outlook That Matters: It is our own mental attitude, which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light.
3. Life is Beautiful: First, believe in this world - that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!
4. It's The Way You Feel: Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.
5. Set Yourself Free: The moment I have realised God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him - that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
6. Don't Play The Blame Game: Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.
7. Help Others: If money helps a man to do good to others, it is of some value; but if not, it is simply a mass of evil, and the sooner it is got rid of, the better.
8. Uphold Your Ideals: Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
9. Listen To Your Soul: You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
10. Be Yourself: The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves!
11. Nothing Is Impossible: Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin - to say that you are weak, or others are weak.
12. You Have The Power: All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
13. Learn Everyday: The goal of mankind is knowledge... now this knowledge is inherent in man. No knowledge comes from outside: it is all inside. What we say a man 'knows', should, in strict psychological language, be what he 'discovers' or 'unveils'; what man 'learns' is really what he discovers by taking the cover off his own soul, which is a mine of infinite knowledge.
14. Be Truthful: Everything can be sacrificed for truth, but truth cannot be sacrificed for anything.
15. Think Different: All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything.
16. You are bound to be beaten by waves if you stay on surface, go deeper and you would know the difference.
Also read and understand about Religion v/s Spirituality
ALSO Read How to Find A GURU
Next Article: What is God?
©2008-2013, Healthmantra.com. All Rights Reserved.